CHOCOLATE ORANGE CUPCAKES RECIPE

Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Remember these scrum-diddly-umptious little cupcakes from my last post? Well lots of you asked, so if you'd like to have a go at baking them - here's the recipe! Check out pastryschools.net for more gourmet cupcakes easy recipes.  Makes approx. 24 cupcakes... which sounds a lot, but believe me they won't last long!

For The Cakes...

200g self raising flour
170g caster sugar
170g margarine
80g melted dark chocolate
3 medium eggs
6 drops orange essence/flavouring
5 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon marmalade
1 teaspoon baking powder

Literally all whisked into a big bowl together! You can adjust it as you wish; taste it... and add more orange juice if you want the orange flavour more tangy, or use orange rind if you have no marmalade!

I cooked on gas mark 3 for 15-20 mins, if you're unsure slide a knife in and if it comes out clean they're cooked.

For The Buttercream...

120g butter
250g icing sugar
4 tablespoons orange juice
3 drops orange essence
80g melted dark chocolate

Again, whisk all these together then spread on top of your cakes or pop into a icing/piping bag and squeeze on! Top tip: make sure your cakes are cooled first so your buttercream doesn't go runny!

Then add Terry's Chocolate Orange segments to decorate! They really are very delicious :-) p.s. let me know if you blog about your results, I'd love to see!
post signature

19 comments:

  1. Mmm they look SO good! Might have to make them..24 is a lot to me, but I'm sure my boyfriend won't have any trouble scoffing the lot! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I've actually been looking for a chocolate orange cupcake recipe for ages but they all had orange rind in and that stuff is gross, I'll be bookmarking this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aweeeesome!! thanks for the recipe. they look so wonderfully delicious!

    [ blog | twitter ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goshhhh so delicious!!! :)
    maybe we can trade some recipes...
    my special is italian.
    just let me know if you'd like ;)

    http://monicascott.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/nyloncake

    ReplyDelete
  5. these looks amazing - Terry's chocolate orange is my weakness. These will be taking up my Sunday afternoon, mostly eating them hopefully x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really want to eat that right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing. Can't wait to try them out:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate chocolate orange/orange chocolate but god they look good!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious, chocolate and orange is a fabulous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you posted the recipe for this after seeing the cupcakes in you last post! Chocolate orange are my mum's faves so I'll be giving this ago next time I visit her

    Thanks again( xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! These look fabulous I might have to make them! Actually its just made me really hungry also!

    Dawniepants

    ReplyDelete
  12. they look so sinfully delicious! gah. it's been ages since i had me a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep seeing this post and really really want to make them! They look lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want them now...they look so yummi and delicious :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so yummy! Definitely going to have to give them a try. Really like your presentation! xx

    http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just stumbled across these on another blog, they look AMAZING! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are wonderful and I lovingly read every single one. I'll check out your blog if you leave a subtle little link below your comment ;-) Dayner x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground