DELICATE AND DAINTY JEWELLERY - ROSE PETALS // GOLD LEAF

Wednesday, 29 May 2013


Rose & Gold Leaf Pendant c/o Delicate and Dainty

For me, handmade jewellery always has a special feel to it. It's nice to own a piece of jewellery that a "real person" has poured their heart and soul into and crafted with their own hands. This kind of jewellery is made with love in small batches with no mass production, the pieces are almost always limited edition and sometimes even one-of-a-kind unique items. 


This pendant is made with fine resin, and filled with little flecks of gold leaf along with maroon coloured rose petals. Becky, the owner of Delicate and Dainty works on commission and can make jewellery to order, so she even asked if I'd like to choose the colours of the flowers to go in my piece. I love this colour, and gold leaf is just one of the prettiest materials.


The packaging was adorable, filled with blue shredded tissue paper and stamped with Delicate and Dainty's logo. 

This necklace is gold plated, but sterling silver is also available. I do love gold, but I think the only downside to this piece really is that the bail (the bit of metal that connects the pendant to the chain) is a slightly different shade of gold to the ball chain. It's only a small detail, but because of this I would probably choose a sterling silver piece next time. And I have my eye on a few! For me, I'd also prefer this kind of pendant on a long necklace as I think a stand-out piece like this is suited to be more of a "statement" piece of jewellery. 


But overall I am impressed with this store and Becky, who was very friendly indeed :-) Delicate and Dainty has lovely ideas of casting various materials in resin and there are endless possibilities. Do you like the idea of real flowers and petals being preserved in resin like this? Another of my FAVOURITES is this necklace, Frosted White Seaglass pendant... perfect for those people whose heart and soul belongs by the sea!

You can like Becky's jewellery on Facebook or make an order here, follow her on Instagram or contact her at delicate_and_dainty@hotmail.co.uk to ask about a commission!
post signature

11 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous!! Such a beautiful colour too. I get what you mean about the difference in chain and connection, that's something that I'd probably notice too but it is a beautiful piece. Off to check out some more items.

    Ellie xo design blog | beauty & fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly delicate collections. These charms can really add glow to one's adornment, I would love to have them for my beautification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sooo pretty such a delicate looking piece
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous. It's great how you can pick your own colours and make it really unique.

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't own handmade jewelry, but now I'd love to have such an amazing piece! Your necklace looks so special and unique!
    The colours are so perfect!

    PS: Your face is so beautiful!


    Greetings, Ceyda <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I've never seen anything like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love handmade jewellery! This necklace is gorgeous, so pretty, definitely going to have to check out their website! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of homemade jewellery, the bracelet is super cute! Your blog's great too, now following you on Bloglovin'. :)

    Heather xx

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments are wonderful and I lovingly read every single one. I'll check out your blog if you leave a subtle little link below your comment ;-) Dayner x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground