I SAID YES!

Tuesday, 30 December 2014




This year is a particularly special Christmas indeed. On Christmas morning my boyfriend of nearly 7 years, Christopher, asked me to marry him and presented me with this lovely ring that he'd chosen for me. For some reason he was very nervous...? (he's the "father" to my cats so obviously I was always going to say yes!) and bless him, he went to so much effort to make sure everything on Christmas morning was just perfect!

Of course, there's no such thing as a perfect relationship and we sometimes argue and of course we irritate each other... I can't bear the way his socks leave black fluff ALL OVER the carpet ALL OVER the house and he hates the way I leave used make up wipes and bits of jewellery scattered everywhere around the place (oops)! I wish he'd do more cooking and he wishes I'd wash more dishes. But aside from the silly stuff, we've seen each other at our very worst and it doesn't ever seem to matter, we still love and stand by each other no matter what. I read this on Pinterest recently and couldn't imagine anything more "us"... we talk like best friends, we play fight like children, we argue like husband and wife and protect each other like brother and sister. That sums it up! Chris, I love you.

Now to enter the scary world of wedding planning and get crazy pinning dresses, cakes and flowers and all that stupid over-the-top stuff. I can't wait!
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. It made me smile as I say the exact same thing about my fiancé's black sock fluff! Enjoy wedding planning, we're in the midst of it now and I am really loving it. Big congrats xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I love that others can relate to the sock fluff hahahaha!

      Thank you, it is quite daunting but exciting too :-) hope your planning is going well! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited to see wedding updates on here- no dress of course!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will make for some fun blog posts I'm sure!

      x

      Delete
  3. Yay!!! Congratulations!! And well done Christopher on the super gorgeous ring choice. Best wishes!

    Happy 2015! xx
    TOPCOAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations on your engagement! That's so exciting! The ring is super pretty.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are wonderful and I lovingly read every single one. I'll check out your blog if you leave a subtle little link below your comment ;-) Dayner x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground